The Law Firm Škubla & Partneri provides legal services mainly in the following areas of law.
- Mergers and acquisitions, corporate law
- Property and development
- Labour law
- Private equity
- Disputes and arbitration
- PPP and public procurement
- Economic crime
- Health care and health insurance
- Tax law
- Intellectual & IT
- Banking and finances
- Personal Data Protection
Mergers and acquisitions, corporate law
- Structuring transactions in terms of tax and transactional optimization including the involvement of international transactional vehicles (Jersey, Cyprus, etc.);
- Share deals / asset deals;
- Mandatory takeover bids;
- „Leveraged“ acquisitions;
- Comprehensive transactional management including assistance in formulating indicative / binding offers and in fulfilling post-closing covenants;
- Post-closing re-structuralization / debt push-down;
- Mergers including cross-border mergers directed towards Slovakia or towards foreign jurisdictions;
- Corporate governance & compliance;
- Private equity;
- Cash pooling.
Property and development
We accompany our clients throughout all stages of property deals in all their complexity (including financing). Our services include analysing investment plans to ensure compliance with spatial planning documentation, dealing with unit land consolidations, acquisitions of property (brownfield / greenfield) or other forms of property settlement by developers of the property concerned, comprehensive support in permission procedures (including building demolition, land use permission, planning permission and final building approval) and procedures related to them (for example EIA), preparation of contracts (contract for works, FIDIC standards, lease contracts, contracts of sale of apartments etc.) as well as representation of clients in negotiations with contractual partners, participants of permission procedures and local authorities.
- Employment-related agenda (employment agreements, agreements on material liability etc.);
- Bonus schemes, proposing KPI (key performance indicators);
- Termination of employment relationships and mass layoffs;
- Consulting or copyright contracts;
- Management or copyright contracts;
- Restructuralizations, transfers of organisational units, organisational changes;
- Relations with trade unions, collective agreements and collective bargaining;
- Labour permits, secondment of employees;
- Social security and health insurance contributions, taxation o f employees;
- Internal policies and regulations (labour, organisational and wage policies);
- Occupational safety and health;
- Whistle-blowing regulation;
- Labour disputes;
- Protection of personal data and privacy.
One of our most important clients is a leading private equity financial group in the CEE region. Thanks to this long-term cooperation we have obtained unrivalled experience in the area of private equity investments.
Disputes and arbitration
Court and out-of-court settlement of disputes is one of our biggest strengths. We represent clients in lawsuits involving substantial nominal values of disputes. Our specialization is corporate litigation with the emphasis on shareholders’ disputes. We possess unique experience as a result of representation of clients in investment (BIT – bilateral investment treaty) disputes against the state.
PPP and public procurement
Economic issues are becoming more and more regulated both at national level and European level. In particular, we focus on public procurement, PPP projects and energetics. In the area of public procurement, we provide comprehensive support to both clients and public authorities. Our services include establishing bidding consortia and drafting or annotating contracts including concession contracts.
We combine our economic, tax and accounting know-how with the expertise in criminal law. The detailed knowledge of these two areas (i.e. the economics and criminal law) enables us to provide qualified advice in matters concerning economic crime (white collar crimes).
Health care and health insurance
Health care and health insurance are one of the most regulated fields of law. Our firm possesses unique know-how in the area of medical law and especially in the area of health insurance law. We help clients to solve most current questions and issues, whether they concern the transfer of the insurance stock, commenting on legislative changes or electronization of medical documentation.
In the context of acquisitions we not only place emphasis on the acquisition process itself, but also provide detailed pre- and post-acquisition advice (including financial assistance and debt push-down).
Intellectual & IT
Banking and finances
In the context of loan transactions (implemented on the basis of LMA standards or as tailor-made contractual solutions) we represent both debtors and creditors as well as syndicates of banks.
We provide legal services in the area of capital markets including issuance and transfer of securities. In addition, we provide advice regarding banking regulation on issues ranging from prudential requirements for capital adequacy to regulatory aspects of acquisition of banks.
Our specialization is project financing involving both development projects and acquisition projects.
Personal Data Protection
GDPR, the full name of which is the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), entered into force on 24 May 2016 and has been applied since 25 May 2018. GDPR replaced the domestic rules implementing the directive concerning the protection of personal data (95/46/EC) and unified legislation for all the member states of the European Union.
To ensure compliance with a comprehensive piece of legislation such as GDPR is a difficult task. Our office has extensive experience with the implementation of GDPR for clients from various business sectors and our qualified professionals are ready to help you with this task. We provide comprehensive legal advice to clients in connection with the implementation of GDPR, in particular:
- Carrying out complete data audit and preparation of the GAP analysis – this phase is necessary prior to the implementation of GDPR and includes the analysis of complete data flow at a client and the analysis of the so-called risk areas;
- Preparation and revision of the required documentation, especially internal regulations (to ensure that data are processed by employees in compliance with GDPR, regarding a procedure for reporting security incidents, replies to requests of data subjects etc.), agreements with business partners and customers, records of processing activities and other materials required in case of an inspection by the Office;
- Carrying out data protection impact assessment (DPIA);
- Assistance in connection with system settings and everyday processes at clients in compliance with GDPR;
- Trainings of employees concerning the correct personal data processing;
- Legal advice in connection with notifying personal data breaches;
- Comprehensive legal support and representing during inspections carried out by the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic;
- Representing before courts.